Friday, June 15, 2007

In honner of the late Ruth Graham

Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid,

(as we’re inclined to do),

I do not need a handsome man,

But let him be like You.

I do not need one big and tall,

Nor need he be some genius,

Or wealthy, Lord, at all;

But let his head be high, dear God,

And let his eye be clear.

His shoulders straight,

Whate’re his eathly sphere;

And let his face have character,

A ruggedness of soul,

And let his whole life show,

Dear God,

A singleness of goal;

That when he comes,

(as he will come),

With quiet eyes aglow,

I’ll understand that he’s the man,

I prayed for long ago.

–written by Ruth Graham in 1939 (at age 13)

1 comment:

Eva said...

I'll be praying for Billy Graham. He must be in many ways devestated. Happy because she is with Him, but still devestated.