Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Language!

When I was a little girl, about the age of about seven, I came home one day with some new words that my best friend Cherry's older sister had taught me. I loved new words, and so I wanted to try them out, well I was very confused when my mother almost dropped the bowel in her hand when I said them. For my mother's credit she didn't overact, she very calmly explained that these were words that were "bad" and should never say them again.

Fast forward...

Yesterday I was in Taco Bell getting some lovely health food, when the gentlemen next to me remarked on how there was a lack of a certain hot sauce. And in this question addressed to the room it seemed as a whole, he choose to lace it with words that used to make a sailor blush with shame.

No one batted an eye.

Why is now okay to swear in public? Fifty years ago if you swore in front of a lady the rest of the men in the room would take you outside, now the women swear sometimes as bad or worse then the men.

Am I being to sensitive, well i have always thought I should just ignore it, but, why should I have to?

I am tired of so many people swearing against their mother and worse my God and letting is slide. I don't want to get used to it dang it!

But I am a loss as to what to do about it.

1 comment:

tapababe@sbcglobal.net said...

yes you need to stand up and be counted as a real christian not like peter did when he said i don't know this man even dang it is a brake off of damn it it let your yey be yey and your ney be ney we need to say why are you using such foul langague God says we need a pure heart would you like to receive a pure heart from God let's talk to him about this and then if the person will let you pray with him or her for a change in their lives i have done this some times a person is receiptive and sometimes not but you have been faithful and have planted a seed the rest is up to them and God be -REAL- follow Christ may the grace of God go with you and yours (a friend of Jesus)