Thursday, September 27, 2007

my afternoon


I had my first flat tire today, only it wasn’t just a flat tire, I think it exploded...

I had just picked up my grandpa and his wife from the airport in Sacramento and I was coming home on I5 I heard this WHRRRRRRRRR and I could smell burnt rubber. Well I work at a car lot and I know (because I hear the guys mumbling about stupid car drivers all the time) that I knew to get off the road as quickly as possible, so I pulled over, and that is when the fun started.

First we had to find out where all the stuff was, I mean come on, is the first place you look for the jack under the driver’s seat... I mean come on. Then we had to take the stupid hubcap off, witch I have done before and theoretically it should take like a few seconds.... well five min. later LeEtta and I figured out somehow (I am still not really sure how I think we both did something at the same time) how to get it off. Well the rest was pretty strait forward, I mean I have changed a tire before (my dad said I wasn’t allowed to drive until I could at least change a tire, and check my oil and water).

The rest of the ride was fun, we couldn’t go to fast because of the spare, but we made good time.

The worst part, I was taking them to the volleyball game my dad and I were reffing in upperlake. I only missed like the first ten points of the first game which was good because when we were changing the tire I was thinking I would only make it for the varsity game.

I am tired now.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cars are essentially this: A conspiracy to get you to give someone pretty much an enitire years salary so that you can be in more danger of killing someone, or losing your life. Yep, we all pay people a years worth of money for chances to die. Stupid Americans.

Speaking of stupid Americans I am about be stupid, next weekend and join the masses.

Jen said...

Marinara, Did you read about the Miller sponsered ad at San Fran's "Leather Fest" mocking the last supper? I specifically came to your blog to see what you had to say, but alas no entry :(